- Over 200 publishing partners
- A distribution network of more than 4,500 points of sale across Quebec and Canada
- A broad range of services that meet publishers’ and retailers’ specific needs
- Two warehouses totalling 11,000 m2
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Extensive expertise in commercial distribution
- A staff of 180 people to serve you
- A commercial organization of over 70 people recognized for their expertise
Prologue, the largest independent book distributor for major publishing groups
Prologue is the exclusive book distributor for over 200 publishers in Quebec and Canada, as well as France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. With a presence in all general interest book market segments, Prologue serves a network of over 4,500 points of sale.
Highly qualified and motivated, the Prologue staff is proud to put its outstanding skills and energy to work for its customers. Prologue’s reputation is built on effective service, flawless reliability, and personal and privileged contacts with publishers and retailers.
The quality of its service is based on:
- Comprehensive commercial service
- The extensive experience of the members of its organization
- State-of-the-art equipment that is constantly being upgraded
- The application of proven continuous management and improvement methods
- The ongoing availability of its team
- A passion for books for 40 years
Since October 2017, Prologue has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Groupe Renaud Bray, the biggest player in the Quebec book industry. With a network of 54 bookstores and boutiques under the Renaud-Bray, Archambault, Griffon and Tambourin banners, Prologue has 2,000 employees, $280 million in sales and two transactional websites, namely Renaud-Bray.com and Archambault.ca.
Prologue is located in Boisbriand, a short distance from Montreal, near major highways and Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau international airport in Dorval. Its offices and warehouses, which it owns, are modern and easily accessible.
Two warehouses totalling 11,000 m2
These facilities house 6 million copies of over 42,000 titles.
Prologue distributes to 4,500 points of sale: bookstores, big box stores, pharmacies and a variety of specialized boutiques.
Prologue offers a full range of distribution services for general interest books, and has developed demonstrated expertise in:
- Warehousing and warehouse management
- Inventory management and control
- Order intake, billing and accounts receivable collection
- Distribution and logistics
- Management and processing of returns
Located in Boisbriand on a property of 700,000 sq. ft. (70,000 m2) just a stone’s throw from the current facilities, the new distribution centre totalling 320,000 sq. ft. (32,000 m2), three times the existing area, offers a state-of-the-art environment for the company’s operations.
Prologue has become the largest book distributor in Quebec to own its own facilities, allowing it to expand while ensuring sustainability and stability by maintaining control of its operating costs. To date, it is the only distributor/owner.
The construction of the building will take place over an eight-month period, until its opening planned for July 1, 2022. This $42 million project is the largest investment ever made in the Canadian book distribution industry.
More than ever, Prologue’s publishing partners will be able to count on top-quality service for all of its customers: bookstores, specialized boutiques and mass distribution players.
Prologue has implemented an effective warehouse management system linked to a modern enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that ensures deliveries to bookstores within 24 hours and promotes inventory accuracy of 99.1%.
Prologue has state-of-the-art equipment. Its powerful computer systems, which are upgraded each year, allow the company to constantly improve its business processes and offer a wide range of services tailored to publishers’ and retailers’ specific needs.
Prologue has a website with access reserved for customers who want to obtain specific information about their transactions.
Prologue relies on the following to provide its sales and marketing services:
- A commercial organization of over 70 people, recognized for their expertise
- Four commercial teams that cover the bookstore, major distribution and specialized boutique markets
- Considerable operational autonomy, precluding the need for subcontractors to oversee bookstore or other wide distribution channels, manage its computer systems, etc.
- Commercialization and marketing
- Media communication and relations
- Advertising, promotion and marketing
- Notable participation at all French language book fairs in Quebec, New Brunswick and Ontario